Peggy Vande Vooren, CPA
Years of Experience:
Industry Team Membership:
- Government – Department Chair
- Training Committee – Chair
- Quality Control Committee – Co-Chair
- California State University, Sacramento, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, (Accountancy)
- Financial and compliance audits of various governmental entities including school districts, community colleges, cities, counties, transportation agencies, redevelopment agencies, retirement associations, joint powers authorities and special districts.
- Assisted clients in preparation of award winning CAFRs.
- Conduct audits of federal financial assistance programs pursuant to OMB Circular A-133.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control structures.
- Chair of Gilbert Associates’ Quality Control Committee.
- Chair of Gilbert Associates’ Training Committee, along with coordinator and instructor of in-house training seminars.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Government Quality Center, Designated Quality Partner
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- CalCPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Government Finance Officer Association (GFOA)
- California Association of School Board Officials (CASBO)
Recent Continuing Education:
- GFOA 2013 Annual Conference
- The AICPA National Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference
- Various AICPA Government Quality Center Technical Webcasts
- Governmental and School District Conferences, CalCPA Education Foundation
- Various training related to Accounting and Auditing, Internal Control Structure, Fraud, Single Audit Act, and GASB Updates.